Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Angel Food Cake

I made my first angel food cake the other day. I had to buy the pan and the only one they had the middle came out. I wouldn't have bought it if there had been other choices, but man, am I glad I did. It came in very handy! I always have all the ingredients on hand and it is pretty simple to make. And the cake turned out delicious!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c egg whites (10-12 large eggs)
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 c flour
1 1/2 t cream of tartar
1 t vanilla
1 c sugar

Directions:
Bring egg whites to room temp. Sift powdered sugar and flour together three times. In a large bowl beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla until soft peeks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Sift about one fourth of flour mixture onto egg mixture. Gently fold in. Continue this until all ingredients are mixed together. Pour into ungreased angel food cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 min. Immediately invert cake (keeping in pan.) Cool thoroughly. Remove from pan.

1 comments:

queen of everything said...

glad that the cake turned out well.