Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tator Tot Casserole

I have never made or eaten tater tot casserole, but the recipe is so popular and easy that I thought I would give it a try. I made it for dinner last night. Adeline ate and liked it. Thom has eaten for a midnight snack, breakfast, and lunch.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 bag frozen tator tots (I hear shredded hashbrowns can be substituted)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk

Directions:
Brown ground beef. Place evenly in bottom of 9x13 pan. Pour tator tots evenly over top. Mix together soups and milk. Pour over top of tots. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.

Notice I didn't give my opinion above. I thought it was mediocre at best. If I make this again, I will probably cook a chopped onion, salt, pepper, and Lowry's seasoning salt in with the beef. It was a little bland for my flavor without anything. And maybe a can of drained Rotel in with the soups?

1 comments:

queen of everything said...

Rotel makes everything better. i've never been the biggest fan of tater tot casserole, but i think your additions would make it edible.