Monday, January 31, 2011

Ouefs a la Fondue de Fromage

Today I cooked Ouefs a la Fondue de Fromage. Now I know you're thinking she can't even say that, let alone cook it; I've eaten her meals! Well, have you a surprise in store! Maybe I should preface with the fact that even the smell of that slightly cooked but mostly raw, oozy egg yolk gives me instant gag reflex. I have never entertained the idea of eating poached eggs. Eeeww!! BUT....cover those poached eggs in a lovely, creamy vermouth and swiss cheese sauce and set it atop a piece of buttered toast (aka cranape) and heaven has descended to my dining room! Find this recipe in Julia Child's book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Your world will be changed! [And as an aside, no I have NO idea how you say that. I've checked out some French CDs from the library in hopes that I won't be so clueless.]


0 comments: